Did you ever try to change windows 7 logon screen ? If not, let me tell you how to, Because its really fun and interesting to change windows 7 logon screen with your any own wallpaper. We usually see a boring blue logon screen every time when we try to login windows 7. But you can easily get rid of this routine logon screen with some easy tweaks in registry. You can customize it very easily and feel the pleasure of having a different logon screen compared to your friend’s computer. You can put any wallpaper as your logon screen. Just follow the below steps to change windows 7 logon screen.
How To Change Windows 7 Logon Screen In Simple Steps :
- Open Run (Windows + R) and type Regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate your registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Authentication\ LogonUI\Background.
- Now double click on the value OEMBackground and change the value from o to 1.
You can check the above screenshot for reference.
- Now create a JPEG that is smaller than 256kb and this picture should match the aspect ratio of your display.. Like for example if you are using 1152 x 864 then you can use upto 1280 x 965. Don’t worry if you have lesser or bigger resolutions. Windows will stretch the image to fit automatically.
- Now navigate to the C: Windows\System32\oobe folder on the windows drive (default c).
- Create a new folder named “info”. Open this folder and create a new folder named “backgrounds.”
- Now copy the JPEG picture you want to serve as the logon. Just copy paste the picture in this sub-folder.
- Now rename the JPEG file as “backgroundDefault”.
- That’s all. Now reboot and check your new custom made windows logon background.
In few windows 7 operating systems, you can automatically found that the info and background folders are already created. If so, then no need to create these folders again. Just copy the picture and rename it as mentioned in step 9. And if you have any queries on this change windows 7 logon screen post, simply ask your query below. It will be addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for reading and we hope you will share this simple trick to change windows 7 logon screen with your friends.