Hi, I have recently migrated my blog from blogger to wordpress self hosting. I was not familiar with wordpress much, the plugin’s and tools were really confusing. Thanks to my friends Vivekanand and Suraj Vibuthe who are experienced in this stuff. They helped me a lot to understand things well. So when i observed that all of my traffic and RSS readers have fall down to half, i taught its because of blog migration and didn’t concentrated much on it and started posting articles. After one week the situation was even worse. As i go on posting the articles, there was no change in the traffic. Then i started to realize that my RSS feed is not working. I was totally frustrated and started to search about the articles here and there. But nothing helped me much.
So i decided to sort my problem my self. I understand that my feed url in feedburner feed details was the older one which is use to use for blogger. So i don’t know how to update that so that it would work for wordpress too. Finally i have done some own troubleshooting steps which resolved my problem.Just follow the simple steps.
- Log to your feedburner account : Login
- After log in select the feed title which you want.
- Select the feed which you want. I have selected coolpctips feed.
- Now go to Troubleshooting tab and click on Edit Feed Details.
- You will be asked to Enter the Feed Title and Feed URL.
- If you already have some address and some title in that, remove them and try to add a new title and a default URL.
- I have entered my default Feed URL as http://www.coolpctips.com/feed/ and Saved it.
- As you can see the above screen shot, I got a feed address which is my Site heading tag. (http://feeds.feedburner.com/LatestTipsAndTricks-Computers)
- Save Feed Details and Now login to your wordpress admin dashboard.
- Install a small plugin named as FD Feedburner Plugin so that you can redirect all your main feed to your wordpress feed via feedburner.
- After installing and activating the plugin just open it. You can find that plugin in Plugins –> Feedburner Configuration.
- Now enter your Feed address in redirect my feeds here: which you have acquired in step 9. (http://feeds.feedburner.com/LatestTipsAndTricks-Computers)
- Uncheck the 3 advanced options, save and exit.
- Finish Now you can see all your feeds updating as soon as you write a post.
Optional Widgets :
Now you have your feed address, its time to publicize it.
- Go to your feedburner account and then click on Publicize tab.
- Click on Email Subscriptions under services (leftside) and then Choose a language.
- Copy the subscription code and paste it in your wordpress template with a text widget and save it.
- You can also show a feed count chicklet to show how many readers you got.
- To get this, just click on Feed Count under services in publicize tab.
That’s it ! Now your new feed burner RSS Address url is ready to use. Please leave a comment if you have any queries.