Protecting Facebook account is very much important nowadays. A lot of people are facing this common issue of protecting Facebook account. People are simply creating their Facebook account and are posting all personal information in it in no time. But they never try to protect it. Simple things will make your account to be hacked by any common friend of yours. Today i will tell you how to protect your Facebook account from being hacked. First thing you have to keep in mind is, A Facebook Account is very easy to hack specially for a person whom you are very close with. If you have not taken necessary steps to protect it, It would end very badly and ruin your personal life. Just follow some steps below to protect your Facebook account to be hacked.
And its not a must that only a professional hacker can hack a Facebook account, It can be anyone who have a minimum common sense of using the proper information at proper place. Since Facebook is no where connected or bothered about the security issues of your email id, which are Gmail, yahoo and etc.. we cant guarantee that our Facebook account is in safe hands. If once you have lost access to your email address, you have obviously gained access to your Facebook account. It can be your any one from your family, friends , or a professional trained hacker, how ever it is, never give them a chance to hack your account. Let us understand few basic steps of protecting Facebook account.
Protecting Facebook Account :
1) Don’t Display your Facebook Account Id : This is a very common mistake which everyone does. We just display our Facebook login ID details in our info page on Facebook. Which is a direct hint to the hacker saying which ID you are using to login the Facebook account. If you are not getting my point.. Just watch out the screenshot below.
You can find this page in your info tab. I suggest you to remove your personal info like Email and phone number soon. This is the worst way to tell a hacker what account you are using to login Facebook.
2) Protecting Your Respective Facebook Account Id : This means, for example if you are using your Gmail account to login your Facebook account, You have to make sure that your Gmail account is properly secured. This is the most important concept which people usually forget to note. You can check out my previous post Strongest Way To Protect Gmail Account which will secure your Gmail account from any possible way to hack your account. And if you are using Yahoo mail or Any other mail service, make sure they are properly verified. Which means you have to verify it with other alternate email or atleast connecting with your phone.
3) Keep Changing Your Passwords : You must change the passwords frequently to secure your account. You can use special characters in your passwords like !@#$ and %^&& to make it very tough for the hacker to crack it and guess it. Also remember that, you should never ever share your password with anyone. A strong password is always a plus point in protecting Facebook accounts.
4) Connect Your Mobile Phone : You can connect your mobile phone to your Facebook account, so that when ever your account has been compromised. You can get a security code to your phone to get back to your Facebook account. You can connect your mobile phone in the Mobile tab in Account Setting Options. Take a look at the screenshot below.
You can also add more than one phone to your account to protect your account. Just go to Account tab in Facebook which is beside Home and Profile and again in Account tab, select Account Settings which will navigate to above options page. Here you can edit any information which you want to.
Protecting Facebook Account With Built In Options :
5) Enable Secure Browsing : The normal Facebook account is set to HTTP browsing which is less secured when compared to HTTPS. When you enable the secure browsing, you can find a lot of changes in your Facebook browsing. Your account will be more secured from virus and spam posts. Also you can get notifications on the change of location if anyone is trying to hack your account.You can find this option in Account -> Account Settings -> Security.
6) Login Notifications : You can make Facebook to send you messages to your Mobile and Email if you are tying to login from a different computer. This way you can be more alert in changing your passwords often. I use this service with my Facebook account which is very useful for us to get update on what is happening with our Facebook account. You can find this option in Account -> Account Settings -> Security.
7) Active Sessions : This will allow you to see the last and the current session which have been active with your account. For example if you have find any unfamiliar locations, you can click the end activity to close the session. With this you are blocking the person to access your account from that location. You can find this option on Account -> Account Settings -> Security which is the last option.
8 ) Remembering Passwords : When even you are browsing in any Internet cafe or at friend home, Make sure that you wont allow the browser to save your passwords. If it offers to save the passwords, Just ignore it and move on.
9) Get your Account back : If at all your Facebook account is being hacked. Just make sure that you are still able to login your respective email id, which is Gmail, yahoo or any other and if not possible to login there, just come to Facebook home page and click on Forgot Password and restore the link to any other alternate email id or to your phone to get you Facebook account back If even that is being changed. Make sure you have 3 good friends in your account who can refer you to get your account back. Just click on No longer have access to these? Link in forgot password page and enter a new alternate email id and then wait for a day to get a confirmation message to change your password. For that you have set your security question too. Which cant be changed that easily.
10) Look For Key loggers & Phishing Sites : Always suspect a chance of getting affected by a key logger in any Internet cafe or at friend home. Generally a key logger will store all the data which you enter in a system, storing all your passwords, chats and any other alternative things which you have done with your keyboards. And remember Facebook will never ask you to login from anonymous mails and places to verify yourself. If any Facebook App is trying to ask your Facebook Account ID and Password, Just ignore it. Most of them are phishing pages where your Login details will be sent to a hacker within no time. Never login facebook account from other 3rd party links. Directly login from www.facebook.com. So don’t ever login to your Facebook in any where unless you trust that place well and good.
These are the 10 few simple ways of protecting Facebook account from being hacked. Just follow them and apply carefully to get rid of hackers sand intruders. Please let me know your queries below if you have any. Protecting Facebook account is not that difficult now.