Samsung Corby Hidden Options
Hi there, it has been really a long time ever since i have written on Samsung Corby. As you all know my previous post Unknown Samsung Secret Codes was really a good one and i got very good comments and applauds for that. Now its time to reveal some of the Unknown features of Samsung Corby phone which you all will love for sure. I tried to explore as many options as i can, and was pretty happy to find some in my Samsung Corby Txt B3210. No need to worry if your phone is not as similar to my model. Because all the Samsung Corby Phones will have the same software and interface which other phones have. So don’t worry and just try to find the options which i tell them here. Some are really interesting and pretty funny. Some of them may be known to this options, but still i am writing for newbie’s and for the people who don’t know much about there Samsung Corby. So please bare with us.
Here goes the list of Unknown Secret Options in Samsung Corby Phone’s :
I) Security : Almost all Samsung phones will have this option called a Phone Lock. The security of the phone is categorized into different ways. Like
- Phone Lock : Which locks your phone at startup. (i.e) When you switch off and on your phone and again switch on. It will ask a security password code which you can set in options.
- SIM Lock : This option will lock your phone for inserting other Sim’s in it, no matter what ever Sim you put, you cannot open the phone unless you unlock it with a security code which you have kept earlier.
- Pin Lock : This is used to lock the Sim Internally.Your Sim will be locked with a pin and cannot be accessible by other. Note: Be careful with this lock, because it make lock your Sim permanently if you have done something wrong.
- Privacy Lock : This feature is really useful. As we can lock all the applications and other areas of the phone accordingly. Usually we can lock Messages, Files, Call log,Phonebook, Calender,Memo, Task and Complete phone.
- FDM : FDM is Fixed Dialing mode where you can enter a code and lock you out going calls and messages. So when ever you have applied this FDM lock you cant able to send messages or a call from your phone. You can select few numbers to which we can access the FDM lock. So apart from those numbers, you cannot use another number.
- Mobile Tracker 2.0 : With Mobile tracker, you can find out your missing phone easily. Its very easy to set up this function. First go to settings, you can find a column called Mobile Tracker 2.0, under that you can see on and off. Click on and then go for the next tab which is Recipients where you can select 2 numbers to whom the message will be sended automatically when a new Sim is inserted in the phone. And next column you can find a option called Sender, in that you can enter any name there, like your name. Next you can see a Message column where you can type a message which will be sended to the recipients.
II) Display : Some of the display options in Samsung Corby are really interesting.Like we can do a lot of changes in the look and feel of the wallpaper.For example
- Home Screen : You can change the wallpaper from current theme to a gallery of random images where all the pictures will be changing just like a screensaver.You can select the images of your choice and each and every time when you go to menu and to home, the picture changes automatically.
- Wallpaper Zoom : You can zoom any wallpaper into 300% of the picture and save it exactly with that area and location which you want. For example if a person is a wallpaper and you can able to set only his complete body as a wallpaper, where you want only his head part as wallpaper. then you can zoom into the picture and keep the Standard Ratio view off and set only his head as a wallpaper and use it as a wallpaper.
- Text Messages : Some people are cant see the too small text messages font which are in built in the phone, There is a chance of increasing your message text font to 10 times more than the normal phone text font.For that you can simple press the volume up and down button to increase the text and to decrease the text size.
- Font : You can change your font from default (Small) to Medium and Large. Also you can change the types of fonts.Usually there will be four types of fonts in Samsung Corby phones.
III) Calls : In Samsung Corby we have excellent features like blocking, Buddy List, FDM and etc.
- Buddy List : Coming to the Buddy List. You can save your 5 favorite friends contacts list in a buddy list.So as soon as you press a buddy list, you can see all of your saved 5 friends list there with a beautiful image. Note the buddy list will be visible only when you add a shortcut key on the desktop.This is the fastest way to call friends whom you often call.
- Block List : You can auto reject the phone calls which you think is no longer is a wanted contact. You can just block the contact by entering the number of the Auto reject list. When you enter a number and auto reject it. You will be no longer able to receive messages and calls from them.
IV) Fake Call : Fake call is really useful to get out a unwanted situation’s like public places and meetings where you just don’t want to stay. All you have to do is to save a shortcut for a Fake call and use if whenever necessary.When ever you request for a fake call, a unknown call will ring the phone where you have to lift the phone and keep the phone engage for hours. You can get out easily from places and also when other people try to call to the phone at that time, either it will be in call waiting or in engage.
These are some of the unknown options which i found out in my corby txt b3210 . There are still a lot of other features in the mobile, which you can find out directly in the sub menu’s of options menu.
About The Author
Satish Kumar is the Founder of Pyrite Technologies Private Limited. He is very passionate about writing Technology and Troubleshoot issues in CoolPCTips. He also writes at SEOsiren.com on free search engine traffic strategies.
I guess the fake call feature is the best bt dont miss out the rest as they all are equally good.. 🙂 bt still Fake Call has an edge.. 😀
And apart frm the best feature i shld definitely praise the way u wrote the post .. 🙂 its awesome.. 🙂
Seems i have to buy a Corby next..!
Especially the fake call option is cool..!
I used corby, may be i do not own it now. I never knew about any of these features. Great to hear . Thanks for the post satish
I think much of them are normal to almost all the Samsung Mobiles. Especially, the Reject List for incoming calls (automatically disconnected soon the phone identifies that the number is in the reject list), Block List for SMS, MMS & Email. When I add a number to SMS block list, it’s automatically added to MMS block list too. You also can block emails with certain subjects. SIM Lock, Phone Lock & Privacy Lock features are also available in much other models. You also get a Mobile Tracker application with almost every Samsung Mobile. If someone inserts a new SIM to your phone, it sends a notification up to two numbers (especially in my Samsung Mobile). I use Samsung M3510 Beat Edition & it has all those features except Fake Call feature.
I just want to ask a question about the conference call. How can i add a number to the multi party call? Because when i am trying to call someone then hold it. Then try to call another one when i clicked the “join call option” it just keep saying it is “unavailable”. Help!
Can you confirm how I can select text, copy and paste it in Samsung Corby PRO.
hi 🙂 can you please tell me how to select text, copy and paste in samsung corby wifi? thanks ^^
I always wonder why I like reading your stuff. I think I know why now. Thanks for sharing this post! 🙂
bro appreciate if you can tell me how to open my privacy lock or phone lock. i changed it when i got drunk and now i m totaly cant figure out those passwords. really realy appreciate your help.
I mistakenly delete a message,pls how can i get my message back after i delete them.
I have a question, suppose say I am sleeping and i dont want any calls except my family members ie i dont want to hear the ringtone for anyone else except my family members. I dont want to block anyone. I just dont want the ringtone sound for all others. Is it possible in corby pro.
I have been using corby for since 2010.. this phone is definitely handy and too good.. That too for about Rs.5500.. I have dropped the phone about a fifty times now and it still works fine.. I like the auto reject option way too much.. and u also have a option of taking those numbers off the reject list if u want to..
I used Samsung Corby from last twu years, I am unable to connect call join, please let me know how I join two calls. Please it is urgent
nice review, ask one thing..in pin lock or sim lock condition can’t we send message or make a call, i hve samsung galaxy and i m unable to send a message or even make a call.. is there any suggestion how to make it working.. the message appears on the screen is sim lock.. but i can recevied the calls, see the messages, but unable to make a call .. tell me what has happend to my phone.. besides, i did little changes during app installation and when i turned off the phone and again turned on.. it was just like a crap.. and doesn’t work at that time.. still i’m unable to do that.. as i have contacted my telecom company for the same, they refused to solve the issue.. as they said you are receiving calls and seeing msgs, so there is no doubt that your sim got stucked or locked.. tell me where i did wrong?
how can i block SMS of unwanted numbers on samsung corby .. auto reject only blocks the calls not sms
RE: How to block sms of unwanted numbers May 13, 2012
I don’t know if this works on corby but i’ve samsung champ and it has a feature to block texts from certain people/mark them as spam. All you’ve to do is go to messages and scroll for settings and choose general settings and then block messages. Choose by address option and create one with entering the person’s phone number in the address field and mark criteria as exactly the same as.
So it’s messages/settings/general settings/block messages/create
The feature only block the number from entering your inbox and when the person texts you, you wouldn’t be notified. However if you want to read their texts you could do that by going to messages and choose spambox. The unwanted texts would be stored there.
The settings page for messages might differ in corby but it should be there somewhere.
hope this helps
How can I block people from texting me?
i have select option of create all records. i lost my old sms.
how can i get back old sms ?? pls help me. pls
my samsung corby txt is behaving as if the head set is being connected..i cant make a phone conversation untill i switch on the LOUD SPEAKER…”THE RADIO IS GETTING SWITCHED ON WITHOUT THE HEAD SET”….someone please help me out…thanx in advance
i lost my samsung corby s3653 mobile…i have activated tracker but stilll i cant find any messages coming to the recepints..please help me to find my lost mobile…:(
i got a problem in my corby phone pls help me out,
i dont know what i click that the message text has been change to drawing instead of Abcdefg and etc example ill write a it will also write a . . . but the landscape mode is fully working but i dont like it . . i want ABCDE back 🙁 i need it badly can someone help me out ?
Satish Kumar October 1, 2012
Try to master reset your phone. You have changed some settings..
Hi! It is possible to block incoming calls and sms from an unknown phone numbers? Thanks.
how to do the home screen?
Hi im using samsung gt-3653,it does nt want 2 make cals,bt airtime is de,it started wen i do fdm by mistake,n it ihv 2 do puk2,n n stil doest wnt 2 make cals
my sumsung corby-3210 automatic off and on
how to start
Rahul Gondane June 26, 2014
Sounds like a hardware problem, unless you can factory reset, take it to a service center.
Very nice post dude. I was rather suprised to know that a corby mobile has so many hidden features