People usually make some simple mistakes while selecting a simple hard disk for there desktops and also for there external data use (i.e) External Hard disks. You should never buy a hard disk without following some simple set of steps which i am going to tell you now. Most of the people will buy hard disk’s by seeing just the capacity. Like 320gb, 500gb or 1 TB. Always remember that size doesn’t matter always. There are some other things which you have to make sure you find them in your hard disk, for example whether the hard disk is a good RPM (Revolutions per minute) speed or not. Which means whenever your data is being processed like reading, copying, it will completely depend on RPM speed. You have to select a hard disk which has a minimum of 4500 RPM and also remember that the cache memory should not be less than 20mb. The data transfer in a eSATA interface is a lot better when compared to other interfaces. If you want your hard disk to be less expensive its better to go with a 2.0 USB interface and make sure that whatever hard disk you are buying has a minimum of 1year guarantee.
Must Follow Tips to Buy a Good Hard disk.
- Before buying a external hard disk, its always a better choice to upgrade according to the requirement.
- If you want to store your data in TB’s Instead of GB’s, then go with Western Digital WD Elements Series. These come from a range of 500gb to 2TB and come with a 2.0 interface so that you can easily connect to your system.These series starts from Rs:3,100 ($68 – $70).
- Seagate Free agent Go. Pocket Portable External hard drives starts from 250gb and costs around Rs:2450 ($50 – 52).
- If you want a cheap and a best hard drive which fits in your pocket easily, Then go for Hitachi X320 which is a 320gb Hard disk and comes at a awesome price of Rs : 2,400 ($50).
- if you want your hard disk to be in size of a passport, Then you got another great series of external hard drive in WD. Its Western Digital My Passport Essential, which comes with a capacity of 320 GB with good 2.0 interface and at a amazing price of Rs : 2,950.
- If you want your hard disk to be more better and faster in performance ?, then go for Toshiba Canvio. Which starts at 320GB capacity and ends at 1TB. The best part of this hard disk is that its a 3.0 Interface at a awesome price of Rs:4000 (750GB).
- There are some other alternative hard disks for this list of above hard disks. If you have not heard about LaCie HDD, then go find some info on it, It comes with a 1TB, 7200 RPM. 3.0 Interface, R/W Speed, 35.6 MBPS, 37 MBPS @ Rs : 3,400 only.
- Another great hard drive is Iomega Prestige which comes with a 500GB, 2.0 Interface @ Rs : 3130.
- The last one is a Transcend StoreJet 25 mobile AntiShock portable hard drive which comes with a 500GB capacity, 2.5 Interface @ Rs:2975.
These are the top class hard disks which are now ruling the market. If you want to buy a new hard disk, Always remember to check the RPM and the warranty. Please let me know if you have any queries.
A Must Read Article : Top 20 Portable Hard Drives – The Best 500GB & 1TB External Hard disks