Every gamer in the world might have played atleast one game from call of duty series. This amazing series of Action, RPG game has changed the way of presenting world wars in PC gaming. And no matter how many hundreds of songs, thousands of videos, lakhs of applications we have in our PC, We still love to do only one thing with loads of excitement and fun. Yes, I am talking about PC Gaming. If you play these call of duty series with a professional gaming mouse, you got the best gaming experience in your life. This culture become very popular with games like Call of Duty series, Medal of honor, Crysis and etc. Lately many amongst us have come across few awesome game trailers like the Battlefield, Crysis, Call of duty Modern Warfare 3 etc… The all new engaging Crysis, Battlefield and many other action games that look so addictive are a result of the unbeatable challenge set by the Call of duty series which totally changed the gaming scenario. In this article a brief history of the Call of Duty series is presented. We have collected all the list of all COD series starting from COD 1 to recent COD Black OPS 2. Each of these games got some amazing history behind them. More over, each and everyone is interconnected to give user the amazing experience of sequels. So what are you waiting for? Lets get started with the list then.
Call of Duty Series – Designed by Treyarch / Infinity Ward
1) Call of Duty: October 29, 2003 was the day when Activision made history, the date when the first part of the game was released titled to be CALL OF DUTY based on the Quake 3 engine. This game turned out to be a huge success as the in game depth and realism the users were given at that point of time was more than what could be expected. The game was developed by INFINITY WARD and published by ACTIVISION. The gameplay was based on the infantry and arms of World War II.
2) Call of Duty 2: October 25, 2005 was the release date for Call of Duty 2, developed by Infinity Ward. This game had many improvements over the first part like improved graphics, integrated Multiplayer support which was a huge success. Like the first part this game was also timed during the World War II situation.
3) Call of Duty 3: For the first time in the series Activision published the third installment of the series also based on the World war situation but this time the game was not developed by Infinity Ward instead the charge was given to Treyarch. Unfortunately, the PC version of this game never got released as it was made only for Consoles thus a gap was created between the second and the 4th part of the series.
4) Call of Duty Modern Warfare: This edition i.e. the 4th installment labeled CALL OF DUTY : MODERN WARFARE was the trend setter for action games on pc. This game won several awards including GAME OF THE YEAR [GOTY] award by Gamespy. November 7, 2007 was the date which revolutionized the gaming scenario as this game was what a gamer would expect to have. As of reports this game has sold over 13 million copies and the multiplayer version of this game is played on professional level even now. This created a new community of multiplayer gamers. The single player mode offered intense story line with excellent gaming experience to various weaponry and player movements never before seen in the history of pc gaming. The story in this part was totally different from any war games as this was based on the modern terrorism situations creating a social war.
5) Call of Duty World at War: Based on the improved Cod4 engine Activision published the next installment developed by Treyarch which was also based on World War II but with an unmatchable experience of world war. Due to the huge success of COD4 this edition also sold millions of copies. This was when Activision started releasing an installment of the game every year developed by Infinity ward and Treyarch alternatively every year.
6) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: November 10, 2009 was the date when Activison released COD : MW2. Developed by Infinity Ward which continued the COD : MW storyline.. The single player was so intense and the story line was so fabulous that this part also won the Game of the year award for its elements and story. Infinity ward was on a roll due to its heavy success with COD MW and COD MW 2.
7) Call of Duty Black OPS: Released on November 9, 2010 the next installment developed by Treyarch was titled CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS. Treyarch had to do better than before and they did it. Black Ops turned out to be a mega hit as this was not a total war game as the player in it was given a hero like action gameplay maintaining the cod experience. Apart from this Treyarch is famous for adding a feature in their version of games from the Cod 5 called NAZI ZOMBIES i.e. apart from single player and multiplayer game modes their games provide another game mode which involves some fun time zombie action.
8) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: As everyone knew there would be a next release by Activision and it was Infinity Ward who is going to develop it people expected the modern warfare series to continue and that is what happened. IW gave what the gamers wanted awesome MW storyline which actually starts from a place in INDIA. This also turned out to be sold in millions as the MW series had become a brand in itself.
9) Call of Duty Black OPS 2: By now we all might have come to known that the next installment is by Treyarch and seems that its being following the steps of IW as it decided to release the sequel of Black ops titled COD BLACK OPS 2 to continue the success streak.
These are the Call of Duty series of games which took the attention of world. When ever a game is released by Activison, it will be either from Infinity ward, or from Treyarch. So lets wait for the game to be a big hit in the market. If you got any queries or want to share your views on our Call of Duty Series post, please leave a comment below.