Windows Blue Features Leaked Online – Upcoming Updates
Microsoft is going all out to integrate all of its services and operating systems so that users have a unified experience across the board. Instead of the usual update cycle, Microsoft is all set to release something called “Windows Blue”, which will add a bunch of new features to the operating systems without actually waiting for the next release as well as bring tighter integration between their desktop and mobile OS offerings. A nearly complete version of this update for Windows 8 was leaked online, so check out the Windows Blue features!
Must read: Top 5 Free Antivirus for Windows 8
Leaked Windows Blue Features:
For the first time in Windows’ history, we’re going to see a fairly large change in the user experience as well as performance without it being a completely new operating system. The leaked Windows Blue ISO weighs in at a fairly heavy 2.63 GB, which means that there’s quite a lot of changes coming in. There’s a kernel update coming in as well, but the most noticeable of the changes will be the new tile and background customization options. A lot of the settings are now accessible from the Charms menu, probably to make it easy for touchscreen users. Here’s the list of Windows Blue features known as of now:
- New tile sizes including a larger Desktop tile
- More background and tile customization options
- Extra snap view options, which allow for upto 4 apps in snapped view
- Support for 50/50 snapped view with apps
- New alarm, calculator, Movie Moments and sound recorder apps
- Ability to run separate apps on each screen in a multi monitor setup
- Tighter SkyDrive integration for auto photo uploads and backups
- New “Play” option on Charms menu
- New screenshot option on Charms menu
- New touch gestures in Modern UI and desktop mode
- Internet Explorer 11 with individual tab syncing
This is only an Alpha build and Windows Blue is set to release within the next 6 months, with updates for Windows Phone 8 coming in as well too. Put simply, this update may have a single name, but will come to all Windows operating systems at once. Stay tuned for more Windows Blue features and tell us what you think of the new updates!
Nice post Rahul
I’ve also heard about the upcoming windows blue and rumor has it that by the end of next year Microsoft will come up with windows 9 which will work on the same kind of user interface
and this time, windows blue will be actually a bit comfortable for some users as they might have got used to the windows 8 interface which will surely give the upcoming update a boost.
The features you discussed above are quite interesting and honestly I can’t wait for the release because I love what Microsoft is doing with its new operating systems and windows blue is going to rock the stage 🙂
again, nice post